Friday 14 August 2015

Dear Hurting Heart By Joy Oforka

                                              Credit: Linda Ikeji's Blog

Dear Hurting Heart,
I write to your heart - bruised, scarred or broken - knowing that it is its heavy weight that has so heavily clouded your eyes. I know I have no perfect knowledge of how you feel; your pain is peculiar to you. I only hope that I find the right words to soothe you where my hugs can't. I'm sorry life happened to you the way it did. I'm sorry you are going through so much pain. I'm sorry I really can't do more than say how sorry I am. 
I'm sorry if my sorry causes you to cry even more. I'm sorry I'm still talking though you wouldn't mind if I shut up.


Be the brave one and do what I'm trying so hard not to: cry. Cry not because it is therapeutic or soul-cleansing. Cry because it is what you really want to do. Crying would only be a feminine thing were pain feminine too. Somehow, you'd find that doing what you really want to has a way of making you feel better. So go on Love, and cry as you will.

When your tears have had their freedom, I beg you to share a seat with me while I speak of a constraint. How long, Love, do you intend to cry? You could lie again to cry even more or you could walk with me let's find new reasons to laugh. I can't promise that you will never cry again. But I can tell you that the sun shines with all its might even when it knows it still will rain. If life must go on, then so must you. God made today fully aware that there would be tomorrow.
I know these are easy words for such hard pain. I only hope this really helped.

With Love, 
Me.

I don't like to lift from blogs but I couldn't resist it today, after reading this beautiful piece by Joy Oforka on Linda Ikeji's blog . Thank you for putting a smile on my face this evening. I've lost count of my tears these days. I was running really low on hope and I couldn't bring myself to believe that things will fine like I want them to be. But I've  gained a dose of hope and strength from this. A big THANK YOU. 

Tags: Hope, Healing, Linda Ikeji's Blog. 

No comments:

Post a Comment