Sunday 26 July 2015

What Time and Presence Means To Both Gender.


The research of 2000 men found that men switch off after an average of six minutes when chatting with a partner, but stay tuned for 15 minutes when talking football or sex lives with mates. I tell you, this isn't good news but I have always known that men are bad listeners even before that research was conducted lol.

Men like facts, woman like to give details.

When a woman keeps talking and the man keeps giving really short answers for a reply, after a short silence, you will hear her say 'where are you? I am talking to you about something really important
but you are not here'  meanwhile you are right there sitting next to her. Then the woman goes on to explain 'yes you are sitting next to me but your are not with me, your mind is somewhere else. I mean you are not listening to what I am telling you.' When a woman says those words to her man, he will probably think 'Why are women so complicated? Have I suddenly become so invisible that she can't see that I am listening to her.'

Chill!  no one is at fault here. Men and women are just wired in different ways.When it comes to time and presence, women tend to qualify time and presence while man quantify time and presence. Most times, men feel there physical presence is enough but women are natural detectors, and they will they go beyond what they see to what they sense; that is why they are motherly in nature. A guy said what drives him crazy is the fact that a woman often says this when the man is driving or working at something which requires some of his attention. Please o, don't ask for his full attention when he his driving to avoid  both of you landing in the hospital with broken bones.

Naturally, women always want to talk about everything from how their day went to who they feel like kicking in the ass for doing something stupid to them . So here is my advice, a man should not freak out when his woman says he his not there with her. I advice you pay attention to her when she is talking to you and if you can't lend her your ears at the moment, explain to her rather than pretend to be listening. If you pretend you are listening, she will definitely catch you. Yes she will catch red-handed giving her half attention because we women have this natural sensor that can detect if a man is here in the physical but his mind is absent. I know men are naturally bad listeners but they should make extra effort to give their partners the attention they deserve. Attention is to a woman what food is to a man.

 Argh! I am tired of explaining. It's not like my explanation on this topic will stop this issue from coming up. Is it?

Today is my birthday *smiles*...You all should wish me a happy birthday and say a prayer for me too. I need the love.

No comments:

Post a Comment